Posted on | October 10, 2008 | No Comments
Several years ago I bought a pressed flower note card from a craft store. It cost $1.75 for a simple white card with an indented oval covered with two pressed flowers. It was simple and delicate and I thought it would make a wonderful card for a friend of mine. Ever since then I’ve been hooked!
HOW TO MAKE PRESSED FLOWERS
Be sure to take a look at the Riverhave link. It has a contents list on the left side with all kinds of good information.
- Pressed Flowers from Riverhaven
- Pressed Flower How-To’s
- Pressed Flower Database
- How to Use Pressed Flowers
- A Beginners Guide to Pressing Flowers
- How to Press Flowers
- How to Press Flowers and Leaves
- Collecting Plants To Press
- How to Press Flowers, Leaves and Herbs
BUILD A FLOWER PRESS
Flower presses range from simple stacked phone books to complicated wooden constructions. Both types work fine.
PRESSED FLOWER PROJECTS: CANDLES
Pressed flowers make extremely lovely candles.
- Glowing Pressed Flower Votives
- Candle Wedding Favors
- Candle Decorating With Pressed Flowers
- Country Living Pressed Flower Candles
PRESSED FLOWER PROJECTS: BOOKMARKS
Bookmarks make an easy first project for beginners.
PRESSED FLOWER PROJECTS: COASTERS
For some reason, coasters seem to be a very popular project to make with pressed flowers.
- Coasters with Pressed Flowers
- Pressed Flower Coasters
- Fresh Pressed Flower Coasters
- Family Corner Flower Coasters
- Coasters From Homemade Simple
PRESSED FLOWER PROJECTS: SOAP
These soaps make great gifts. Just wrap the finished product with pretty paper and tie with a ribbon. Place several in a dollar store purchased basket and their ready to go.
PRESSED FLOWER PROJECTS: CARDS
Cards are the most commonly made pressed flower project. Their easy to do and don’t require a large investment in time.
- Pressed Flower Note Cards
- How to Make Pressed Flower Note Cards
- Pressed Flower Card
- Greeting Cards with Pressed Flowers
- Greeting Cards from the Garden
PRESSED FLOWER PROJECTS: PICTURES
These projects are pretty elaborate. You may not want to try them until you’ve gained some experience with other pressed flower crafts first.
- Leaf Pictures From BHG
- HGTV Botanical Wall Hanging
- Pressed Flower Pictures
- DIY Quick Pressed Botanical Specimens
PRESSED FLOWER PROJECTS: Jewelry
Pressed flower jewelry has a lovely, old-fashioned look.
MISCELLANEOUS PRESSED FLOWER PROJECTS
Clocks, trays, drawer pulls, scrapbooking and more. Be sure to take a peek at the pendant. It’s one of my favorites.
- Tray Pride Day
- Pressed Flower Project – Clock
- Pressed Flower Paperweight
- Pressed Flower Mirror
- Pressed Flower Egg Ornament
- Botanical Plates
- Flowered Placemats
- Pressed Flower Placemats
Pressed flower projects can be simple or elaborate, depending on what you make. Do yourself a favor, and choose an easy pressing method and project for your first time. If you get hooked, you can always choose a more complicated pressed flower project later.