32 Fabulous Pressed Flower Art Projects
15 years ago I bought a pressed flower note card from a craft store. It cost $1.75 for a simple white card with an indented oval covered with two pressed flowers. It was simple and delicate and I thought it would make a wonderful card for a friend of mine. Ever since then I’ve been hooked!
GENERAL PRESSED FLOWER HOW-TO’S
This is the section where you’ll find general information on pressing flowers.
- How to Use Pressed Flowers
- A Beginners Guide to Pressing Flowers
- How to Press Flowers
- How to Press Flowers and Leaves
- How to Press Flowers, Leaves and Herbs
- Pressed Flower Database
BUILD A FLOWER PRESS
Flower presses range from simple stacked phone books to complicated wooden constructions. Both types work fine.
PRESSED FLOWER CARDS
Cards are the most commonly made pressed flower project. Their easy to do and don’t require a large investment in time.
- Pressed Flower Note Cards
- How to Make Pressed Flower Note Cards
- Pressed Flower Card
- Greeting Cards with Pressed Flowers
- Greeting Cards from the Garden
PRESSED FLOWER BOOKMARKS
Bookmarks make an easy first project for beginners.
PRESSED FLOWER CANDLES
Pressed flowers make extremely lovely candles.
- Pressed Flower Candles
- Candle Decorating With Pressed Flowers
- Country Living Pressed Flower Candles
- DIY Pressed Flower Candles
PRESSED FLOWER PICTURES
These projects are pretty elaborate. You may not want to try them until you’ve gained some experience with other pressed flower crafts first.
- Leaf Pictures From BHG
- HGTV Botanical Wall Hanging
- Pressed Flower Pictures
- DIY Quick Pressed Botanical Specimens
- Pressed Leaves Wall Hanging
PRESSED FLOWER COASTERS
For some reason, coasters seem to be a very popular project to make with pressed flowers.
PRESSED FLOWER JEWELRY
Pressed flower jewelry has a lovely, old-fashioned look.
- Pressed Flower Pendant
- DIY Resin Jewelry
- DIY Dried Flower Pendant
- Pressed Flower Necklace
- DIY Soldered Glass Pendants
- Flower Pendant Necklaces
Clocks, trays, drawer pulls, scrapbooking and more. Be sure to take a peek at the pendant. It’s one of my favorites.
- Evening Grove Sachet
- Decorated Soap
- Pressed Flower Paperweight
- Botanical Plates (pictured above)
- Pressed Flower Project – Clock
- Flowered Placemats
Pressed flower projects can be simple or elaborate, depending on what you make. Do yourself a favor, and choose an easy pressing method and project for your first time. If you get hooked, you can always choose a more complicated pressed flower project later.