Posted on | November 29, 2009 | 1 Comment
Tired of the same old grilled cheese sandwich?
No problem. Here are 18 yummy variations to perk up your appetite. Enjoy each variation on it’s own, or try combining a few for extra taste.
Plus, check out AllRecipes for very good and basic Grilled Cheese Sandwich how-to’s.
- Drained sauerkraut
- Tomato slices, garlic butter and pesto
- Herb butter instead of regular….garlic powder, oregano, basil
- Sauteed onions
- Salsa and chopped scallions
- Cheese, tomato, thin onion slices, sprinkle of oregano and imitation bacon
- Just a sprinkle of sesame seeds
- Tomato slices and fresh basil leaves
- Onion, tomato and thinly sliced jalapeno pepper
- Cheese, imitation bacon and tomato on rye
- Sauteed garlic and grilled onions
- Sauteed mushrooms
- Curry powder mixed with butter
- Chili powder, cayenne pepper and paprika mixed with butter
- Thin slices of green or red pepper, lightly sauteed
- Thin slices of red onion, raw
- Easiest garlic butter (garlic powder, salt and butter)
- Olive oil, crushed garlic, oregano and tomato slices (optional)
My favorite? Sourdough bread with tomato slices and chives. Delish!