33 Ways To Spread A Bagel
I love bagels.
The solid texture, the neutral taste, and the ability to successfully hold most moist ingredients make bagels perfect for a wide variety of spreads and fillings.
Even better, just add a fruit plate and/or small salad, and you have an almost instant meal.
Here are a couple of my favorite bagel combinations.
- Butter or Cream Cheese sprinkled with one part cinnamon and two parts sugar
- Butter and Strawberry or Apricot Jam
- Butter and Honey
- Peanut Butter or Cashew Butter
- Peanut Butter and Grape Jam
- Peanut Butter and Honey
- Apple Butter
- Cream Cheese with added Walnuts and Raisins
- Cream Cheese with Scallions
- Cottage Cheese, plain or with cucumbers and tomatoes
- Cream Cheese with Chopped Olives
- Tomato and Mozzarella
- Cream Cheese and Sun Dried Tomatoes (basil, optional)
- Cream Cheese and Slice Cheese (with or without added veggies)
- Cream Cheese with choice of green peppers, onions, tomatoes, peppers, olives, lettuce, red peppers
- Cottage Cheese with Scallions
- Scrambled Egg and Cheese
- Scrambled Egg and Cheese with Vegetables
- Egg and tomato
- Sliced tomato and Grated cheese, melted
- Pizza Bagel (tomato sauce and grated Cheese, melted)
- Egg Salad (hard boiled egg, mayo, salt, pepper, chopped onion)
- Tuna Salad (tuna, mayo, salt, pepper, chopped onion)
- Veggie Burger with all the toppings (my favorite!)
- Any Kind of Omelet
- Deli slices with mustard, ketchup or mayo
- Pesto Cream Cheese (plain cream cheese with some bottled pesto stirred in)
- Cream Cheese and Lox
- Cream Cheese, Avocado, Tomato, Bean Sprouts and Onion
- Hummus and Vegetables
- Cream Cheese with Fresh Spinach, Tomato, Onion, Cucumber and Bean Sprouts
- Chicken Salad (boiled and diced chicken, salt, pepper, mayo and chopped celery)
- Leftover Meatloaf
Have some bagel ideas of your own? Please add them to the comment section. Thanks!