Deliciously Vegan Italian Meat Sauce
source: Hideya Hamano
I make this Delicious Vegan Italian Meat Sauce all the time. I use it on rolls, noodles, and rice. It’s very inexpensive and very tasty!
1 large soy burger
1 1/2 tablespoon fine Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 1/2 tablespoons mixed Italian herbs and spices
3 oz. pureed tomatoes
6 oz. water
1/3 green pepper, finely chopped
1/3 onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Microwave burger for 1 minute. Allow to cool for a few minutes, and using your fingers, break burger into tiny pieces the size of ground meat.
2. Pour 1 teaspoon of olive oil onto a non-stick pan and turn flame to medium. Cook the onion till it begin to brown. Add the green pepper and soy burger. Saute till slightly seared. Lower heat.
4. Stir in the bread crumbs, Italian herbs and spices, tomatoes and water.
5. Cook a 3-5 minutes on medium high or till sauce thickens.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve on rolls.
Note: You can substitute 3/4 tablespoon dried basil, 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder for the Italian seasonings.