Sweet And Sour Broccoli With Six Variations
I’ve used this same sauce many times with chicken and vegetarian hot dogs. It suddenly dawned on me that it might be great on broccoli also. I made it on Friday and my son adored it, then had seconds, followed by thirds.
10 ounces frozen broccoli, defrosted
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/3 cup ketchup
Cook broccoli in small amount of water and drain. When cool, squeeze broccoli lightly to get rid of excess water.
Place broccoli back into cooking pot, add additional ingredients, and reduce sauce till it is almost a glaze.
- Use green beans instead of broccoli
- Skip the broccoli and add chicken instead
- Top broccoli with chopped almonds
- Serve broccoli over rice
- Substitute vegetarian hot dogs for broccoli
- Replace the broccoli with meatballs