Vegetarian Almost Joes
Vegetarian Almost Joes is another of my short cut recipes. It’s sloppy joes, but without all the fuss. To make this recipe for meat eaters, just substitute a 1/4 pound ground beef for the veggie burger.
I serve Vegetarian Almost Joes on a soft bun, but it also tastes yummy in a sub roll or over rice. This is a very versatile recipe.
1 large soy burger
1 can of chili beans
2-3 heaping tablespoons ketchup
1 teaspoon olive oil
1. Microwave burger for 1 minute. Allow to cool for a few minutes, and using your fingers, break burger into tiny pieces the size of ground meat.
2. Pour 1 teaspoon of olive oil onto a non-stick pan and turn flame to medium high. Cook the soy burger in the oil, till nicely seared. Lower heat.
3. Add a can of chili beans and heat for another three minutes.
4. Add the ketchup to the pan and stir well.
5. Serve over brown rice or as a sandwich, using a roll.
Makes 1 large serving.
Image Source: 3liz4