Description : The Crochet Market Tote is a great way to use up scraps of leftover yarn. Choose a color scheme that works with the yarns you have on hand.
Craft Link : Crochet Market Tote
Description : The Patchwork Bucket Tote is a complicated project, but the result is stunning!
Craft Link : Patchwork Bucket Tote (pdf)
Description : Use this Book Bag Tutorial to recycle an attractive, but boring, hardback useful again.
Craft Link : Book Bag Tutorial
These free handbag patterns have tons of uses. Make one or two for yourself to match a favorite outfit, throw together a couple as gifts, or use one of the easier free handbag patterns to teach a youngster to sew. Because many of these patterns use so little fabric and are quick to complete, they make versatile projects for a variety of situations.
Note: There are no longer 32 Free Handbag Patterns….there are now 58!
Free Handbag Patterns: Day Bags
- Dresden Petal Bag
- Pleated Bag Tutorial
- Handbag From Furnishing Fabric
- Shoulder Bag Tutorial
- Stonehill Pieced Handbag (pdf)
- Petite Pieced Handbag
- 15-Minute Quilted Bag Tutorial
- Diana Hobo Pattern
- Sewtakeahike Free Handbag Pattern
Free Handbag Patterns: Wallets
- Tag Wallet Tutorial
- DIY Coupon/Money Holder
- A Purse Thingy
- Coin Purse Pattern
- Oil Cloth Coin Purse Tutorial
- Zipped Pouch Tutorial
Free Handbag Patterns: Clutch Bags
- Clutch Purse Wristlets (so cute)
- Gathered Clutch Tutorial
- The Love Bug Clutch Pattern
- Free Clutch Sewing Pattern
- Free Handbag Pattern For Clutch
- Sweet Leather Clutch
- Vintage Style Clutch With Pattern
Free Handbag Patterns: Tote Bags
- Friendship Bag Tutorial
- The Un-Paper Bag
- Fat Quarter Tote Bag Tutorial
- Spring Tote Tutorial
- Very Easy Tote Bag Tutorial
- Fat Sack Tutorial
Free Handbag Patterns: Evening Bags
Free Handbag Patterns: Novelty Bags
- Soda Bottle Into Coin Purse Tut
- Altered Cigar Box Purse
- Make A Yo-Yo Handbag
- Recycled Cowbow Boot Purse
- Book Purse Tutorial
- License Plate Purse Tutorial
- Trashy Novel Wallet
- Oversized Owl Handbag Pattern
- Cassette Tape Wallet
Free Handbag Patterns: Repurposed Bags
Free Handbag Patterns: Other Bags
- Box Bag Tutorial
- Lined, Zippered Pouch
- Amy Butler Portfolio Bag
- Stylish Pencil Case
- Nigella Yoga Bag Tutorial
- Reusable Sandwich Bags
- Pacifier Pouch Pattern
- Free Laptop Sleeve Tutorial
- Free Wristlet Pattern
Free Handbag Patterns: My Favorites
- Fashionable Handbag Pattern
- Keisha Bag Tutorial (great style)
- Poinsettia’s Curvy Bag
- Applique Handbag Pattern
- Free Placemat Purse Pattern
- The Angel Bag Purse (great shape!)
- Spool Placemat Bag Tutorial
Description : The Al Fresco Market Tote is big and bold and will carry plenty of goodies.
Craft Link : Al Fresco Market Tote
Description: Would you believe this classy purse is held firmly together with duct tape and staples? Really!
Craft Link : No-Sew Tote Bag
Description: All the tutorials at the Modest Maven Blog are wonderful, but this is Pleated Purse Tutorial is one of my favorites.
Craft Link : Pleated Purse Tutorial
Description : I love the simple, clean lines of this Clutch Tutorial.
Craft Link : Clutch Tutorial
Description : The Chenille Tote Bag Tutorial includes instructions for adding a name tag and a very useful pocket.
Craft Link : Chenille Tote Bag Tutorial
Source : BHG
Pick a Free Bag Pattern…we’ve bookmarked more than 50 to chose from!
Pick A Makeup Bag Pattern
- Makeup Bag Pattern
- Envelope Makeup Bag Pattern
- Sew A Simple Makeup Bag
- Makeup Bag Tutorial
- Cosmetics And Toiletries Case
- Roll-Up Makeup Brush Case
Pick A Messenger Bag Pattern
- Basic Messenger Bag
- Pattern-Free Messenger Bag
- Messenger Bag Tutorial
- Messenger Bag With Zipper
- Messenger Bag Pattern
- Messenger Bag From Sew4Home
Pick A Lunch Bag Pattern
- Reusable Lunch Bag
- Embroidered Lunch Bag Pattern
- Reusable Sandwich Bag Pattern
- Eco-Friendly Snack Bag Pattern
- Lunch Bag Pattern and Tutorial
Pick A Drawstring Bag Pattern
- Pieced Drawstring Bag
- Taunton: Make A Drawstring Bag
- Useful Drawstring Bags
- Easy Drawstring Bag Pattern
- DIY Drawstring Bags
- Self-Lined Drawstring Bag Pattern
Pick A Jewelry Bag Pattern
- Patterned Jewelry Pouch
- Instructables Jewelry Bag
- Drawstring Jewelry Bag
- Drawstring Jewelry Pouch
- Jewelry Bag Pattern
- Travel Jewelry Bag Tutorial
Pick A Picnic Bag Pattern
- All-In-One Picnic Tote
- Free Bag Pattern - Picnic Tote
- “Lucille” Picnic Bag Pattern
- Picnic Blanket Tote Set
Pick A Duffle Bag Pattern
- Free Bag Pattern – Mini Duffle
- Sew A Duffle Bag
- Make A Duffle Bag (video)
- Recycled Duffle Bag Tutorial
- Simple Duffle Bag Tutorial
Pick A Laptop Bag Pattern
- Laptop Bag From Old Jeans (video)
- Quilted Laptop Bag Pattern
- Make A Laptop Tote Bag (pdf)
- Free Bag Pattern – Laptop Case
Pick A Beach Bag Pattern
- Free Bag Pattern – Beach Bag
- Charming Drawstring Beach Bag
- Handmade Beach Bag How-To
- Make A Beach Tote Bag
Pick A Gift Bag Pattern
- Elegant Bottle Bag Pattern
- Easy-To-Make Gift Bag
- Linen Drawstring Gift Bag
- No-Sew Jewelry Gift Bag
- Two Tone Gift Bags In 3 Sizes
Pick A Diaper Bag Pattern
- Angela’s Diaper Bag
- Diaper Pouch And Changing Pad
- Hip Mama Diaper Bag Pattern
- Easiest Nappy/Diaper Bag Pattern
- Quick Trip Diaper Bag
Pick A Backpack Pattern
- Sew A Cool String Backpack
- Bustle Backpack Tutorial
- Oilcloth Backpack Tutorial
- Grown-Up Backpack Tutorial
Pick Another Free Bag Pattern
- Halloween Bag Pattern
- Water Bottle Carrier
- Grocery Bag Dispenser
- Travel Shoe Bag Pattern (pdf)
- Cell Phone Case Pattern
- Free Bag Pattern – Fanny Pack
Description : This Fashion Handbag Tutorial is super easy….the project started out as a place mat.
Craft Link : Fashion Handbag Tutorial
Description : The Pleated Purse Pattern is slightly complicated, but the results will be worth the effort.
Craft Link : Pleated Purse Pattern
Description : This Free Tote Bag Pattern makes a tote large enough to carry groceries home from the store.
Craft Link : Free Tote Bag Pattern
Source : Weekend Designer
Description : To make the Recycled Sweater Purse, take apart a wool sweater, felt it, and then reassemble it into a pocketbook.
Craft Link : Recycled Sweater Purse
Jam packed with 29 projects, Pretty Little Purses And Pouches, is a delicious treat for anyone who loves to sew. Each of the projects in the book is a delight to look at and practical to use. The projects run the gamut from very easy to slightly complicated, making this book perfect for both serious and casual crafters.
Pretty Little Purses and Pouches is a group effort. The book has projects from 19 different designers. Each of the designers has made a real effort to contribute a truly superb project to this book.
I love dainty little bags (though I usually lug around too much stuff to use them) so I’d have to pick Pocket This by Wendy Gratz. This delicate little purse is constructed from crinkly cotton fabric and heavy satin. It goes around the neck and shoulder and is only about 6 inches wide. Yum!
There is only one drawback to Pretty Little Purses And Pouches. Each of the patterns in the book need to be enlarged before being used. However, with today’s technology even this glitch isn’t much of problem.
Pretty Little Purses And Pouches is part of a new series from Lark Books. Other titles in the series are Pretty Little Patchwork, Pretty Little Cozies and Pretty Little Potholders. I highly recommend the entire series.
Craft Link : Slouchy Tote Bag
Craft Link : Free Pocketbook Pattern
Description : I’d like to see this feminine bag in either denim, or a flowery print.
Craft Link : Ruffled Tote Bag Pattern
Description : I found the link for the Free Online Quilted Bags Book over at Crafty Pod, one of my favorite craft blogs.
Craft Link : Free Online Book: 7 Quilted Bags
Description : The retro-look Carpet Bag Pattern provides you with an easy way to use up some of your yarn scraps.
Craft Link : Free Carpet Bag Pattern« go back — keep looking »