Description: Good instructions with lots of photos and helpful tips.
Craft Link: Sweatshirt Redo Tutorial
Description: To add glamour to your favorite shoes, glue on seed beads. Spray with sealant to protect the finished results.
Craft Link: DIY Bead Tip Shoes
Description: 20 minutes and just a little fabric is all you will need to create this great looking faux fur vest.
Craft Link: Boxy Fur Vest Tutorial
Craft Link: Free Etui Bag Pattern
Description: All you need for this project is fabric, buttons and fiberfill, plus the usual needle and thread.
Craft Link: Round Pleated Pillow
Description: Sadly, this tutorial only covers adding the zipper to a jacket, not sewing the jacket itself. Still, what a great idea!
Craft Link: DIY Zipper Jacket
I’m a firm believer that sewers can never have too many free patterns. With that in mind, here are 52 Free Dress Patterns, divided by style. Keep in mind the categories are not set in stone. With a fancier fabric, a different closure or a change in hem length, a pattern can easily change from fancy to work day to casual. You make the decision.
Notes about the patterns are listed for some of the dresses. Here are explanations for those pattern notes that are not self explanatory.
Patterns from existing dresses require laying out an item of clothing onto fabric, marking it, and cutting out.
No pattern needed usually means that the dress is made from a recycled shirt.
Drafting instructions means that you will have to make your own pattern, but the designer included all the information needed.
Free Dress Patterns - Casual Dresses
- Sundress With Free Pattern - sizes 0 to 16
- Sun Dress From A Dress Shirt - no pattern needed
- Celebrate Summer Dress - sizes 6 to 16
- Off-The-Shoulder Dress - pattern from existing dress
- Simple Dress - easy to make pattern
- Chemise Sundress Pattern - drafting information
- Shirred Border Print Sundress - drafting instructions
- Island Flouncer - drafting instructions
- Strapless GAP Dress Knock-Off - size s but adjustable
- Sleeveless Dress - sizes small to extra large
- Sonja Dress - from sized 4 to 16
- Easy Summer Sack Dress - drafting information
- Summer Shift Dress - pattern from existing tee
- Shirt To Dress Refashion - no pattern needed
Free Dress Patterns – Office Dresses
- Silk Summer Dress - available for all sizes
- Free 1- Hour Dress Pattern - drafting instructions
- Hope Wrap Dress - pattern size 34
- Free Museum Tunic Pattern - no pattern needed
- Dress With Raglan Sleeves - sizes small and large
- The Nautical Dress Tutorial - no pattern needed
- Dress Pattern With Side Tie - small to extra large
- Elegant & Easy Dress - pictured, no pattern needed
- Coffee Date Dress - pattern sizes 32 to 42
- Drawstring Halter Dress - easy pattern drafting
- Chic Sheath Dress - pattern from existing dress
- Coral Dress Pattern - all sizes, no pattern needed
- Wrap Dress Pattern - easy to make pattern
- Easy Lace Summer Dress - drafting how to’s
- Modern Shift Dress - pattern from existing top
- Eva Dress - sizes 6 to 20
- Long Dress With Short Sleeves - small to extra large
Free Dress Patterns - Dress-Up Dresses
- Mila Dress From Burda - sizes 34 to 46 pattern
- Convertible Dress Pattern - easy pattern drafting
- Halter Dress - sizes small to extra large
- Cute Dress From A T-Shirt - video
- Ruched Empire Dress - pattern drafting information
- Elsa Dress Pattern - size 36 pattern
- Burda’s Free Dress Pattern – C Dress - 36 and 38
- Couture Inspired Dress - UK sizes 10, 12 and 14
- Convertible Dress Pattern - drafting instructions
- Free Dress Pattern With Tiers - pattern drafting
- Make A Cocktail Dress (video)
- Dragon Dress Tutorial - pattern drafting instructions
- Skirt To Fancy Dress Tutorial - no pattern needed
- Pattern For Little Black Dress - small to extra large
- Cocktail Dress Pattern - sizes small and medium
- Danielle Dress From Burda - sizes 34 to 44
- Multi Length Dress Pattern – small to extra large
- Little Bias Dress Pattern - UK sizes 10/12
- Free Wedding Dress Pattern - small to extra large
- One Shoulder Knit Dress - sizes 2 to 10 pattern
- Flutter Skirt Dress - pattern drafting instructions
Description: Though the actual sewing of the leggings looks straight forward, you will first need to follow the step by step drafting instructions. However, the how to’s are very detailed, which is always helpful when it comes to drawing your own patterns.
Craft Link: DIY Leggings
Description: I found this great tutorial over at a blog called Cola Cola. I love the little belt Nicole designed for the front of the cardigan. So cute! No process pics, but lots of photos of the finished result.
Craft Link: Hoodie To Cardigan
Description: A nice little shrug makes a stylish alternative to a lumpy sweater. The shrug in the photo can be put together in less than an hour by an experienced seamstress.
Craft Link: Nearly Instant Shrug
Description: Tutorial on how to turn a men’s jacket into an eye-popping cape. No extra jackets lying around the house? Thrift stores are a great source for inexpensive men’s clothing.
Craft Link: Turn A Jacket Into A Cape
Description: Tutorial and cutting diagram/pattern for a classic backpack. Good explanation of how to do the detailing. Sadly, no process photographs.
Craft Link: Old School Backpack Tutorial
Craft Link: Dreamy Maxi Skirt Tutorial
Description: Printable pattern for a fabric purse pattern from Imagine Gnats.
Craft Link: Fabric Purse Pattern And Tutorial
Description: A couple of advanced sewing skills are needed for this project, but the resulting skirt is soooo nice!
Craft Link: Free Military Skirt Pattern
Craft Link: DIY Blanket Poncho
Description: Tutorial comes from one of my favorite sites, Delia Creates.
Craft Link: How To Recover Furniture
Craft Link: Free Sling Bag Pattern
Craft Link: Hot Cocoa Shirt
Craft Link: DIY Wrap Cape« go back — keep looking »