Woven Card Tutorial
I made this woven card from Autumn colors to celebrate the new season, but virtually any color combination will work well.
- craft knife
- cutting board
- 12×12 heavy cardstock in green
- scraps of orange and yellow cardstock
- 4×6 heavy cardstock in white
1. Cut the green cardstock to 9×6.5 inches. Fold the cardstock in half to form the basic 4.5×6.5 inch greeting card.
2. Cut the leftover green scraps into thin strips. Cut the orange and yellow cardstock into thin strips.
3. Make 10 lengthwise slits in the white cardstock, leaving a margin of about 1/2 inch all around. Don’t try too hard to make your cuts straight. Slightly uneven slits will add interest to the finished card.
4. Weave the green, yellow and orange strips through the slits, alternating over and under.
6. Glue the ends of each strip onto the white cardstock.
7. Center and glue the white cardstock onto the green greeting card.