5 Ways To Save On Your Water Bill
source: The Skint Dad Blog
When I lived in the United States I never used to think about how much water we used. Now that we live in the Middle East, where water is always in short supply, I think about it often. As a result I’ve come up with a few ways to save money on the water bill.
Here are 5 Tips For Using Less Water:
1) Wet, Wash and Rinse. Showers are big water guzzlers. To economize, don’t run the water any longer than you need to. Instead, after you wet your body turn off the water. Don’t turn it on again until your done washing and are ready to rinse.
2) Wash Dishes the Frugal Way. First soak the dishes for about 10 minutes. Then scrub and stack on the side. When a small stack is ready to be rinsed, turn on the water and quickly run them through. Be careful not to let the dishes sit so long that the soap begins to harden.
3) Purchase Water Saving Appliances. The next time you’re in the market for a new washing machine or dishwasher, be sure to check out the water saving models. We did this with our washing machine and now we save substantial amounts in our monthly utility bills.
4) Never Let The Water Run. Whether you’re washing your hands, brushing your teeth, or mopping the kitchen floor, be sure not to let the faucet stay on.
5) No More Drips and Runs. A dripping sink and running toilet wastes water fast. Don’t procrastinate. Get them fixed right away.