I don’t subscribe to any magazines. Yet, I always have an enormous pile of the things lying around my home. They come from the mail, my neighbors and sometimes my father in law.
My guess is, your collection of unwanted magazines is just as large as mine!
Don’t just throw them all out! Here are 22 Crafty Ways To Reuse Magazines.
Recycled Magazine Bows (pictured above) – Make your own colorful bows for embellishing presents.
Recycled Magazine Business Card Holders - To make this project, first laminate a magazine image is and then sew on a vinyl pocket. Simple!
Turn Magazines Into A Chair - Turn magazines Into A chair using belts and a cushion. No tutorial is available for this project but you should be able to figure out the how-to’s on your own.
From Magazines To Pretty Picture – This delicate piece of wall art, is my favorite of all the tutorials listed.
How to Turn Old Magazines Into A Bookshelf - This is one of the most ingenious projects I’ve ever come across.
Recycled Magazine Baskets - I’m not sure how utilitarian these baskets are, but at the very least, they would certainly make lovely decorative accessories.
Reed Box From Magazines - This Reed Box looks like it came from an upscale home decor store.
Recycled Magazine Coasters - No loom is needed for this very basic weaving technique.
Turn Magazines Into Cards And More - Use a simple in and out weaving method to create cards, bookmarks and ever wall decor.
Paper Paper Ornaments - Not a quick and simple project, but the resulting ornament is lovely.
Coiled Paper Basket – Coil strips of recycled magazine pages around and around until a basket is formed.
Recycled Paper Bead Bracelet - This jewelry project doesn’t look at all “homey”. Very stylish!
Handbound Book - Instead of disposing of high quality magazines, consider turning them into a handbound book to add to your library.
Postcards From Recycled Magazines - Use light cardboard and images from recycled magazines to create unique postcards.
Stools Made Of Magazines – No instructions for the stools, but these pieces of furniture should be a cinch to figure out.
Triangular Paper Bowl – Check out this project from Instructables for a whole new concept in creating bowls from magazines. Fabulous!
Magazine Wastepaper Basket - No folding, coiling or wrapping for this project…. instead multiple pages of magazine and grommets add strength to the design.
Repurposed Magazine Gift Bags – These bags are a lot nicer than anything you could possibly find in a store.
3D Pop Up Recycled Magazine Flowers - Perfect for greeting cards or decorating gift packages.
Magazine Paper Frame - Tutorial from Better Homes And Gardens online.
Magazine Envelopes – Recycle magazines into usable envelopes. Cut out and glue on a scraps of paper where the the mailing information needs to go.
Magazine Wristlet - The author of this project used the directions for candy wrapper crafts but modified them for magazine pages.
Upcycled Wreath – This wreath is not waterproof, so avoid using it in places where it is likely to be rained on.
Flower Garland Tutorial – Create cheap and easy party decorations.Pinterest!
Polymer Clay Jewelry Projects are the most common items made from oven drying clay.
For two main reasons. One, polymer clay can imitate virtually any stone or material, making it extremely versatile. And two, since jewelry is small, polymer clay jewelry projects require very small amounts of expensive clay.
Luckily for us, dozens of designers have gotten to work designing these great projects.
- DIY Colorblock Necklace
- Mega Links Bib Necklace
- DIY Elegant Hollow Bead Necklace
- Geometric Necklace
- DIY Clay & Glitter Bead Necklace
- Tattoo Style Necklace
- Polymer Clay Necklace (pictured above)
- Layered Inks Pendants
- Marilyn Monroe Clay Pendants
- Faux Ceramic Pendants
- Glow In The Dark Jade Pendants
- Polymer Clay Charms
- Single Strand Necklace Tutorial
- Polymer Clay Tile Shard
- Faux Gaspeite Bracelets
- Polymer Bracelets Tutorial
- Polymer Clay Bracelets
- DIY Washi Paper & Clay Bracelets
- Polymer Clay Bangles
- DIY Millifiori & Organza Bracelet
- Polymer Clay Cuffs
- Tutorial: Attaching A Pin Back
- Faux Cloisonne Jewelry Pins
- Polymer Clay Jewelry Projects: Pins
- Filigree Pin (translated)
- Metals Brooch From Polymer Clay
- Autumn Leaves Brooch (translated)
- Polymer Clay Stamped Earrings
- Mokume Gane Earrings
- Cut & Sculpt Celtic Design Earrings
- Ancient Images Earrings
- Stamped Heart Dangle Earrings
- Kit Cat Clock Earrings
- Multi-Strand Bracelet With Clay
- DIY Double-Strand Bracelet With Clay
- Polymer Clay and Marble Pendants
- DIY Multi-Strand Necklace With Beads
- Mixed Media Pendant
- Copper Clay Textured Disc Earrings
- Make Metallic Leaf Jewelry
- Copper Clay Leaf Charm Project
- Polymer Clay Silver Links
- Polymer Clay Metal Moon Pendant
- Metal Clay Earrings
- Rubber Stamped Silver Clay Jewelry
- Polymer Clay Jewelry: Rings
- Glitter Bow Ring
- Wire and Clay Ring (translated)
- DIY Faceted Clay Rings
- DIY Rings From Martha Stewart
- DIY Clay Statement Ring
- Carved Polymer Clay Bead Tutorial
- Quilted Silver Beads
- Polymer Clay Mummy Beads
- Delicate Silver Metal Flower Beads
- How To: Falling Leaf Bead
- Polymer Clay Barrette Project
- How To Make Easy Buttons
- Polymer Clay Barrettes Projects
- Polymer Clay Photo Keychain
- Great Looking Hair Sticks
- Piece Of My Heart Puzzle Keychain
- Leaf Button Tutorial (pdf)
POLYMER CLAY JEWELRY PROJECT VIDEO
- Jewelry Pendants From Polymer Clay
- Polymer Clay Earring Stamps
- Make Your Own Buttons
- How To Gloss Polymer Clay Jewelry
- Polymer Clay Dangle Earrings